Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Drug

Blogging is a drug and I may be addicted to it. There are no 12-step programs or rehab facilities that I can enroll in, but I probably wouldn't anyway. The keyboard is the best treatment and, since I'm retired, I have plenty of time to use it. Nevertheless, if I'm away from my computer or smart phone very long, I begin to suffer withdrawal symptoms. My other blogs (Naturefaker's Notes, The Fernfeeler Files and Reefs of Lilliput) give me some relief. They allow me to share thoughts about nature and national parks acquired during a 30 year career. Still, freed from the work culture, my mind now dwells on other things too . Like a mortar and pestle releasing essential oils and new flavors from herbs, new thoughts are added and blended, producing different perceptions of things. Maybe it's a good drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment